Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Max63 Max63 is offline

Default Another starter's topic - best starter video

Seems like starter topics are in popularity so here goes:
If youve seen or bought a video/DVD, which one would you recommend as
suitable for the absolute beginner, having the basic info and carrying
the newbie from "Yah, I've seen it done once. Seems like fun" to "I can
do basic turning now and perhaps advance on my own"?
Something from the LV collection? Taunton press?
Also, has anyone relied on such a video to learn the basics on his own
(no class or hands on prior to watching the video and making some
progress alone)?