Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Williams Andrew Williams is offline

Default DeWalt Planer

I have a 735. Have not had it for a long time. The cut quality is
very smooth. It has an internal impeller system to eject chips
forcefully so they do fly across the room. I have had good luck using
my extra large shop-vac connected directly as long as I do not take a
huge cut. Snipe has been a bit of a problem however so I tend to leave
3 inches on each side of the board. I am hoping that getting the
extension tables will help, but I don't expect it to be completely
snipe-free. From taking a close look at the blades I think they could
be re-sharpened several times before they would need to be replaced,
however the cost of sending them out and having 6 sides of 12 inches
each sharpened (plus shipping) is about the same as mail-ordering a new
set of blades.

I would not trust my own abilities to resharpen 3 blades to identical
size by hand, and do not own a Tormek, so I think blade replacement
will have to do. Unless of course some top shelf sharpening service
can return them in a "better-than-factory" state.