Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Variance in Plywood thickness-rant

Wayne K wrote:
I guess I should qualify that statement. Most of my drawings are

really
glorified sketches to 1/4"=1" scale on 81/2 x 11 graph paper.

Way back when, engineering drawings were done with vellum and pencils
along with the trusted pink pearl eraser.

Back then, most drawings carried a few notes, some general, some specific.

An example of a specific note: NTS (Not to Scale)

An example of a general note: H&FTF (Hammer and file to fit)

Either one handles odd ball plywood, IMHO.

BTW, NTS applies to most of my free hand sketches which covers at
least 90% of my sketches.

Lew