Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] basscadet75@yahoo.com is offline

Default Water pressure question

George E. Cawthon wrote:
I can't believe that the water supply pipe to the
house is 8" in diameter, and I doubt that a main
would run through your basement. But stranger
things happen. The large pipe is probably not a
water supply or main, but a sewer pipe.

Well alright, that's probably true then. I never really followed the
pipes with my eyes to see where they all go and/or come from. Strange
that I've never noticed the actual supply pipe, though, although I may
have just mistaken it for a regular house pipe if it's only 2".

I don't think you have enough information to
determine what the pressure problem is. Ask
people next door to you if they have pressure
problems.

They don't. I don't need to ask; I see them running lawn sprinklers in
the front and back full blast simultaneously. I can't do that. I
can't run one sprinkler with the same pressure that they get running
two at a time.

I guess I'll call a plumber back here (I was going to anyway, was just
hoping to get a ballpark before I ask a guy to come out), as I
obviously don't even have any idea what's going out and what's coming
in to the house. So I don't even know what to look at.