Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default sprinkler coming on at the wrong time?

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:24:23 -0700, "Bob" wrote:

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
news
I have my sprinkler system set to run from 9PM to 11PM (no other
time). The control box is NOT set to come on at any other time.

Today a neighbor told me it's been coming on during the night (3 or 5
AM).

Any ideas on what I could check?

Controllers fail. I had one that did this. Do check that you don't have a
second "program" active.

Bob

Already done that last thing. The controller (Hunter SRC) has 3
programs (called A, B C) each of which has 4 places to set start
times. Only A1 has a setting other than "off' (9PM).

I have seen such a device with a clock that was exactly 100% fast.
That is, it could say 9PM at 9PM but also at 9AM (9AM would show at
3AM and 3PM). However, this does not fit the symptoms (it waters for
the normal amount of time not the 50% you'd get with a fast clock, and
it's correct at multiple times of day).

It may still be a controller that needs replacing. I suppose it's not
too hard to get a new one that works (the valves need 24VAC, I think
the current is around 250mA).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"All your western theologies, the whole mythology of them,
are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent."
-- Tennessee Williams