Posted to or.politics,alt.appalachian,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Don Homuth Don Homuth is offline

Default A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 22:56:10 -0400, krw wrote:

In article , dhomuth1
says...
On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 12:15:26 -0400, krw wrote:

No. Why don't you loonie leftist liberals learn how the system
works? They need 60 votes in the Senate for cloture, which is
required to make the cuts permanent. The Rs don't have 60 votes.

Remember what happened recently, when the Ds started discussing a
filibuster, and the Rs threatened to change the rules -- the so-called
Nuclear Option at the time?

FOr a SUPREME COURT nomination. ...that is all.

The rule on filibusters is not different for a SC nomination or any
other matter.

The filibuster is not law -- it exists only by rule. The Rs can (and
do) change the rules whenever they wish.

Senate rules are often more powerful than laws.

Senate rules exist at the whim of the Majority Party.

I suggest you read
up some more, kid.

I doubt you have read more than I on the matter, or discussed it
personally more often with those closest to it either.

The Rs run the joint.

It is hardly the fault of the Ds when they do.