Posted to alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default Will my voltage drop?

wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 21:17:19 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"
wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure you can't put the subpanel
in a closet. I have a subpanel in my furnace room
which is basically a closet about 3 feet square.

It can't be in a "clothes" closet. You also need working space 30"
wide x 36" deep, 6'6" high in front of the panel

Panel in "clothes" closets were done all the time in the old days. I have a
1952 vintage house with a panel in the master (non walkin) closet and use to
manage a 1970(?) vintage condo with a panel in the closet as well. Also have
seen panels located low to ground in stairwells with headroom less than 4'.

Any idea when the NEC start making those panel in closets non compliance for
new construction or remodels?