Posted to or.politics,alt.appalachian,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Bob Bob is offline

Default A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

"Don Klipstein" wrote in message
I think the big problem in Iraq is that we used a troop count that Colin
Powell and Bush thought would be good, rather than the troop count that
Colin Powell said would be necessary.
Bush and Rumsfeld thought that the Iraquis would rush to build up their
nation newly freed from a dictator. While history tells us that too many
Arabs are largely rather apathetic about a lot of things, and hate Israel,
US and any warring faction more than some crummy local dictator national
government!

If we hadn't trashed the infrastructure, and made sure it couldn't be rebuilt,
we might have had a chance. The problem was to start a war with no plan
to handle the occupation.

Bob