Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV RayV is offline

Default ceiling texture - mud swirl patterns

John Keith wrote:
Many years ago I lived in a house that had mud swirl patterns
used as the finish texture on the ceilings of the various rooms.
Each of the 3 bedrooms had a different pattern and I think the
living area had yet another pattern.

In our current house I am preparing to retexture the ceilings
and I would like very much to implement the mud swirl patterns
similar to the previous house.

Can anyone give me a reference where I can find different
styles/patterns I can use? I have found one reference on the
web that offers to teach (for a fee) the mud swirl technique
but the person has never responded to my email.

Suggestions would be most welcome!

John Keith

http://drywallschool.com/

Get some cheap plywood or broken sheets of drywall to practice on.