Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
KLS KLS is offline

Default clogged bathroom sink

On 05 Sep 2006 12:25:22 -0400, Sandra Loosemore
wrote:

rob writes:

Looks like most of my interior plumbing is pvc piping and wonder if
its safe to use a little bleach for a bathroom sink to loosen a clog?
It drains but slowly. I'll probably try a plunger first regardless
but I've been meaning to ask if the bleach is safe for interior
plumbing? My house was built in the late 90's if that matters.
thanks.

99% of the time, you can clear up a clogged bathroom sink by making
yourself some sort of hook gizmo with a long handle, and using it to
pull out a big tangle of hair. No chemicals necessary.

Very true: Home Depot and such places sell this long (2-ft?) narrow
white plastic blade with teeth on it that's very flexible and does a
great job of grabbing and pulling out hair clogs. I can't find a link
to it, but I have one, and it's very useful.