Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Variance in Plywood thickness-rant

Why is a 2x4 not a 2x4? Less wood for you, more for them. The more for them,
the more money they make.

"Wayne K" wrote in message
. ..
I guess I should qualify that statement. Most of my drawings are really
glorified sketches to 1/4"=1" scale on 81/2 x 11 graph paper. I find it

very
tedious to work to the 64th of an inch. Although I could if need be. My
drawing board is not in my shop (no room for it). I prefer to draw in my
shop, more insperational. Why cant 3/4 " plywood actually measure 3/4"?

"CW" wrote in message
link.net...
Why?

"Wayne K" wrote in message
. ..
I just finished drawing up some plans for some file cabs made with

"3/4"
plywood. Trying to draw to these dimensions is impossible.