Posted to rec.woodworking

Default workbench dimensions

"R. Pierce Butler" wrote in message
. 1...
I see that many workbenches are about 24 inches wide. Some are 21 wide.
Since I am planning to build one what size is better of is it simple to
say
"bigger is better" and go with a big as practical?

Mine is against the wall and is 30" wide. I use the back section to hold
some small drawers and a couple of parts bins. That brings the usable space
down to about 22" or so and is sufficient for most everything I've done.
Wider would be a PITA to reach over to get things hung on the wall over the
bench.