Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default DeWalt Planer

"Teamcasa" wrote in message

Like Leon say's the blades are disposable. Blade life is directly related
to the amount, type and condition of the lumber run thought it. New
blades can fail quickly if you hit nails, embedded sand, stubborn knots or
other debris in the wood. My Jet works like a champ and one set of blades
lasted a long time. OTOH, they failed quickly after planning some Liquid
Amber that had sand embedded in it.
The DW735 look to be a good machine. However, after my 12" Jet finally
dies, I'll move to a stationary machine.

Dave

With Robatoy's approval I bought a Delta 15" stationary planer in January.
Coupled with 1100 CFM Jet DC I get NO dust or shavings anywhere except in
the collector. At first the planer went with out a collector and after
truing about 200 bf of oak I shoveled up probably 140 gallons of packed
shavings. Now I do "nothing" to clean up. I gave up on my Ryobi dying.