Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default DeWalt Planer

"Ellestad" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with the DW735 planer? The features look
terrific, especially the dust ejection feature since I won't have dust
collection available. I am concerned with the many posts complaining about
short-lived knives. Are there knife quality issues with this machine or
are
these guys getting the results of bad techniques? Are they expecting
industrial machine performance from a home-shop tool?

Thanks for any feedback.

Tim Ellestad

Like Leon say's the blades are disposable. Blade life is directly related
to the amount, type and condition of the lumber run thought it. New blades
can fail quickly if you hit nails, embedded sand, stubborn knots or other
debris in the wood. My Jet works like a champ and one set of blades lasted
a long time. OTOH, they failed quickly after planning some Liquid Amber
that had sand embedded in it.
The DW735 look to be a good machine. However, after my 12" Jet finally
dies, I'll move to a stationary machine.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com