Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default DeWalt Planer

"Ellestad" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with the DW735 planer? The features look
terrific, especially the dust ejection feature since I won't have dust
collection available. I am concerned with the many posts complaining about
short-lived knives. Are there knife quality issues with this machine or
are
these guys getting the results of bad techniques? Are they expecting
industrial machine performance from a home-shop tool?

Thanks for any feedback.

Tim Ellestad

It has disposable blades. Short lived IMHO. I have a portable Ryobi that
has multi-resharpenable blades that are the originals. The planer is 18
years old. That said however about the only to get decent blades any more
is to go stationary.