Posted to rec.woodworking
Schroeder Schroeder is offline

Default DeWalt Planer

Its a great planer. I have run lotsa board footage through one. The dust
collection...prolly works *best* when attached to another system. The
blades are definately fragile, but if you run fairly good wood (not highly
figured) they last a good while. Blades run about $50 and have good edge
two sides, so really it's $25 for each new set. For the money, I think it's
about the best there is, the next step is an industrial model...

For what its worth...
Schroeder

"Ellestad" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with the DW735 planer? The features look
terrific, especially the dust ejection feature since I won't have dust
collection available. I am concerned with the many posts complaining about
short-lived knives. Are there knife quality issues with this machine or

are
these guys getting the results of bad techniques? Are they expecting
industrial machine performance from a home-shop tool?

Thanks for any feedback.

Tim Ellestad