Posted to alt.home.repair
NJLauri NJLauri is offline

Default Help wiring switched double gang receptacle at end of circuit

Hi Jim!

Thanks for your question. Our plan was to install a GFCI immediately
after the circuit enters the pool house, run the line from the GFCI
into a work box, and split it there to run to both sides of the pool
house. We figured that way the GFCI will protect the entire 15 amp
circuit.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

~Lauri

Speedy Jim wrote:
NJLauri wrote:
We are in the processing of completely rewiring a screened-in
freestanding outdoor pool house. We have 14/2 outdoor rated wire coming
into the structure. We'll have 2 runs of wire from the entry point into
the back of the building - one run to each side of the building. One
will go to a ceiling fan and a series of single gang receptacles, and
the other will go to a couple of single gang receptacles, and at the
end of that run, we want to put a double gang combination that includes
a combo switch receptacle and 2 more receptacles, followed by a double
gang receptacle to finish that half of the circuit.

SNIP

I didn't see any reference to GFCI protection.

Has it been provided upstream of the pool house?

Jim