Posted to alt.home.repair
HotRod HotRod is offline

Default Dustless Drywall Sanders

Nick, I renevote several houses a year and after trying the dustless units
PC and the units sold at Home Depot this is what I've determined.

1) The CP unit leaves more marks than I care for and is heavy and hard to
use in tight places. I won't use one again.

2) The unit from HomeDepot that goes on the end of the pole and attaches to
a vaccum is O.K., it's lighter to use and I'd use it only if dust in the
work area was a real issue. Or if doing just part of a finished house. This
also leaves marks and won't do corners very well. You need to make tight
small circles to make it work. It's more work than it's worth.

3) I have reverted back to a good comfortable dust mask and pole sander with
sand paper. Some of the pro's I talk to have done the same thing. This
leaves a much better finish.

"Nick" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for a dustless drywall sander, but have been unable to
find reviews of the various products. Does anyone have experience with
the Porter Cable 78OO Series?

Thanks

Nicholas Falkoff