Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default joining two "bicycle brake" cables?

It is called a Bowdan cable. Some are stiff enough to function in
both push and pull like a lawn mower throttle, some tend to work
one way with spring pressure moving the other like a bicycle
brake. If it needs to stay in the sheath, you will be better off
replacing.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"peter" wrote in message
Have an old appliance with a broken control cable that looks
like a bicycle brake cable except the head part, so I can't
replace it with a bike cable. But is there a way to join two
such cables at mid point?

Perhaps I could crimp the cores of the cables. But the crimped
portion no longer fits into the cable shell, I'd need something
else to join the shell...