Posted to rec.woodworking
Stephen M Stephen M is offline

Default workbench dimensions

"R. Pierce Butler" wrote in message
. 1...
I see that many workbenches are about 24 inches wide. Some are 21 wide.
Since I am planning to build one what size is better of is it simple to
say
"bigger is better" and go with a big as practical?

Good question, but more is data is required.

Is it accessible from both sides or up against a wall?

What will it be used for? traditional hand-work between dogs? or assembly?
Both?

FWIW, I have a traditional bench which, whose primary purpose is traditional
handwork. It's 24" wide. I just about never use the full width . I would
probably go for 22 if I were to di it again.

YMMV,

Steve