Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Opinions please-Should an old c/h system be replaced ?

On 4 Sep 2006 16:57:48 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

If you did fit a new one, could the old one be left in situ so it can
be used again after the new ones dead and buriable? Just curious.

I almost did the same when I replaced a mechanical programmer with
an electronic one at least a decade ago. The electronic one failed
after about five years, at which point I took the mechanical one out
of my "might be useful sometime" box and put it back on the wall.
The mechanical one is still working.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh