Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default wasps nest

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 21:23:54 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Al
Bundy quickly quoth:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

Zen Lesson of the Day: Become one with these beneficial insects. They
remove a lot of pests which would otherwise bother you.

I've basically had the same experience as you with various stinging
critters. I've hammered, sawed, painted, shingled, pressure washed, you
name it around them without directing anything at them. I've found them
to be very curious actually. Had one that actually followed me around
hovering where I was working . No question. It did follow me. I never
messed with it and it reciprocated.

Have a season here where those big fat bumble bees are around in huge
numbers. Walked in to the middle of like 50 of them in a radius. They
knew I was there and were a bit excited. I just stopped and stood. They
flew around me. Then one came and "bumped" me around the head. I didn't
react (externally anyway). A short bit later it came and bumped me
again. Obviously this bump was intentional and a message. I walked
slowly backwards. They seemed satisfied and didn't follow.

My girlfriend were walking around and checking out the gardens
surrounding a local restaurant (Summer Jo's, Grants Pass, OR) when we
suddenly found ourselves in the middle of a noisy freeway. I asked
"What's that sound?" just as I realized where we were. We had walked
within about 10 feet of the rows of beehives there. It was truly
fascinating. They flew around us as if we weren't there and we did a
360-degree fascination sweep, watching hundreds or thousands of busy
workers flying by. It was goosebump time. A couple minutes later, we
walked back away from the hives and it quieted down just as quickly as
we had stumbled into them.

Someday this attitude is gonna get me though. I've seen the shows on TV
about them. I recall there are species of wasps that are extremely
agressive. Sortta like the old lady. No reason needed to get ****ed and
attack.

Yabbut, you'll amaze many people and just have fun before that
possible scenario happens. Nature is great when you let it be.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?