Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default garage paint advise

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:08:51 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
"peter" quickly quoth:

The inside of my garage is not painted. It is mostly tan color from the
drywall. I want to brighten the garage by painting it white or off white.

What type of paint and sheen should I use? Can I do without a primer? I
don't mind if it doesn't look perfect. But I do want the paint to last as
long as possible.

My garage is my shop, and when I painted, I went with a pure white
latex eggshell paint, all walls and the ceiling. (Gloss enamel paint
creates too much glare from lights and especially sunlight.) I also
painted the already sealed concrete floor with white latex porch &
floor paint. The difference in there is amazing. I love it! The white
floor shows dirt more, but it also shows those dozens of teensy
dropped items immediately.

It's a 2-car shop and is well-enough lit (for me, age 53) by only five
4' dual fluorescent fixtures. Total cost: $35 and a couple days work
moving -everything- around thrice. (The floor got two coats and a day
of drying time between 'em before moving the stuff to the painted
third.)

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?