Posted to rec.woodworking
dteckie dteckie is offline

Default Using a 6" Jointer

Have been using a 6" Reliant jointer ( rarely use it, so better more
expensive one not on my list) to smooth edges in order to glue two
boards together. It seems the boards are not as smooth as I would
expect when butting the boards next to each other. As I stated rarely
use it but each time I can never get the edges perfect. Seems like one
or both edge is off a bit. I checked the alignment procedure in the
manual and tables seem aligned correctly. Maybe I may not be feeding
it through the jointer the right way. What can I be doing wrong ? What
is the correct way to feed a board edge through a feeder. Do you push
from rear or both front and rear?