Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Variance in Plywood thickness

"Mike Dembroge" wrote in message
For those of you that use a lot of plywood in your cabinets, casework,

etc,
what do you find as an acceptable amount of thickness variance in your

sheet
goods?

No variance is acceptable as far as I'm concerned, but it's a fact of life
and just one that you're going to have to adapt to. We've got it worse up
here in Canada since changing to the metric system several years ago. How
does 19.5 mm grab you? 17 mm even? Another 17 mm sheet of plywood that is
not the same thickness as the first?

I think it's all a conspiracy by the router bit manufacturers to sell more
bits.