Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Elevated Dishwasher

"Cattracker" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yesterday I was wondering about toe-kick drawer installation. Didn't
quite get it, but I'm better off than before. Today I would like to
ask about raising the dishwasher maybe 12" or so above the usual
counter height. Back trouble. This would help to not have to crawl
inside to get out the dishes on lower level. A drawer could be
installed underneath...right?
Any ideas on this one? Side finishing? Top finishes? Exact height to
raise it? Has anybody actually done it? I saw it at a custom cabinet
shop and loved it. Didn't love the price. Thanks.

Minor plumbing changes needed, but not a big deal. Yes, it can be done.
How high? That is for you to determine depending on your height; put the
machine on a couple of different platforms to wee what fits you. . Same
material as you counter can be used on the top. I'd use wood sides, same
material as used on your cabinets. If they are new, you may be able to buy
panels from the supplier and cut to fit.