Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Aluminum Ladder load ratings

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:26:02 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"
wrote:

Hugh Glass wrote:
On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:06:05 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Section 31" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am buying an aluminum ladder soon. I see that the loads ratings vary
from Grade 1 to grade 3. I was looking on the net and I read an
article that all aluminum ladders are tested so that each rung on the
ladder can hold 800lbs of weight regardless of grade. Does anyone know
if that is true ?
I will be using it for around the house type of work...I take it grade
1 is good enough?

Grade I is the highest rating. Yes, it is good enough.
http://www.acehardware.com/sm-learn-...g-1267580.html

oops I had that backwards.

Yep, I see that. Sorry about the correction but
it was the second one I saw that was backwards.
How come a #1 may be at the top or the bottom of a
rating?

Ignore the "rating" and just look at the weight limit.