Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Painting lining wallpaper

clipped
assume that the cheaper emulsions contain a highr level of water, so
maybe thats my problem?
Oil based primer seems to be the way to go & have read that a product
called Kilz is a good one? although I'm unsure if thats availiable
here in the UK. Will have to search out & find some good oil based
primer.
Just for the record, what is solvent based primer??

"Oil." "Alkyd." Something that isn't water )

Another possible solution that a few have mentioned is prime the wall
first with a PVA sealer( a wood glue & water mix) but this would
still be water based! so Im unsure if this would work or not.

What brand is your paper? Does it have instructions for coating it?

Thanks for the mention of the edge roller as this seems to be a great
idea.

Easy does it if paper is textured .. don't want to smash it.

Once again, I was thrilled to get so many take there time & reply to
my post. You're all very kind & I thank you all

Best wishes

Rich