Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tech Data Tech Data is offline

Default Problem with audio on RCA Model G32705 Console TV

Max wrote:
Usually after watching the TV for a while, all of a sudden the TV will
give out a large audio whine, and then nothing out of the speakers but
noise, kind of like the cable has gone out. The noise is variable with
the volume control which leads me to believe it isn't the audio amp
itself. After unplugging the TV for a while it works as normal. TV was
purchased in fall of 2000.

Any suggestions?

Max

It's data corruption that is sent via some broadcasters and basically,
causes the micro to start to shutdown but, usually stops at shutting
audio down. That's why you can unplug, let the micro reset, then plug
it back in and it works. Your choices are to deal with it like it is
since I'm sure it doesn't happen often or, find a tech that'll install
a work around that will fix it but, disable your closed caption
feature.

www.techdata-kicksass.net