Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Mike Mac Mike Mac is offline

Default New lathe.. and I actually TURNED something

I finally got the lathe spinning this weekend.. after looking into much of
the advice offered both here and in rec.crafts.woodturning

I've been knocking out some pens.. (European Roundtops, just to start) and I
have to say, alot of fun to make. will try some mech. pencils tomorrow, make
some pairs to box up and sell as stocking stuffers, etc, if the market
allows.

My favorite is the one in Bloodwood.. with the maple being my first one..
(didn't want to risk ruining an EXPENSIVE piece of wood!)

http://ottawawood.com/pens/lathe.jpg
http://ottawawood.com/pens/4pens.jpg

Mike
www.ottawawood.com