Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default I have a question :-)

DeeBee wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
would you pay 17GBP for door archiatrave if it was fancy ie
victorian,edwardian,french provincial, basically a bit of upmarket
class. The architrave would come in 2x7'&1x4' lenghts and you mitre
the angle cut yourself to suit your own doorframe.

So thats 17GBP per door.

Thanks awfully. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

It would have to be very fancy, or very high quality timber to be
worth £1/foot.

Oh its fancy ok, more to the point *unique*

I pay less than that for custom cut moulding at my local woodyard.
having said that last time I was there was 2 years ago and I bought
120 feet !!!

You are joking? for a lumber yard to set up their equipment for a one off
they'll charge you at least 2.50 per foot, I know I've looked into it.
Paid a visit to three yards local to me.

So I guess if its a one off then maybe. If you have many doors then a
local timber merchant with a moulding machine maybe cheaper.

No chance.

hth

DeeBee

--