Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default UK wiring diagrams domestic

John White wrote:
wrote:

Hi John, I have noticed a problem, the centres of the joists are too
close together to allow acces with a drill !! I take it drilling at an
angle is a no go, as compared to drilling at 90.
Is the other option to take the cables around the rooms from a 150mm
band around the top and corners? or will a right angled drill adaptor
do the trick?

Well I don't like drill adaptors so I use one of these:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=87121

With these auger bits:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=14026
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=12082

Which will fit in most situations.

Cheers - another order to screfix on the way !!!!

Failing that use one of these bits, aim for just above the joist
centre and get the drill as close to the floor as possible:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=21989

John
--
John White,