Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default UK wiring diagrams domestic

wrote:

Hi John, I have noticed a problem, the centres of the joists are too
close together to allow acces with a drill !! I take it drilling at an
angle is a no go, as compared to drilling at 90.

Buy a cheap[1] spade bit, and hacksaw it down so that it is just a tad
over joist thickness. In an odinary mains drill or a cordless drill it
normally then fits between the joists.

[1] You could also use a decent quality spade bit, but then you may need
an angle grinder to cut off the shank as the metal will be harder!

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |