Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander Jim Alexander is offline

Default UK wiring diagrams domestic

"John White" wrote in message

Hi John, I have noticed a problem, the centres of the joists are too
close together to allow acces with a drill !! I take it drilling at an
angle is a no go, as compared to drilling at 90.
Is the other option to take the cables around the rooms from a 150mm
band around the top and corners? or will a right angled drill adaptor
do the trick?

Well I don't like drill adaptors so I use one of these:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=87121

With these auger bits:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=14026
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=12082

Which will fit in most situations.

For anybody who doesn't want the expense of a right angled drill, a 9mm hex
socket will drive the Screwfix stubby augers, or for really tight situations
a 9mm ratchet ring spanner is ideal. Works great in softwood, not tried it
in oak though.

Jim A