Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jan Larsen Jan Larsen is offline

Default How to operate a draincock

John Rumm wrote:
I did a hard piped drain on my system to avoid needing to use these
things - I teed into an existing pipe at a low point, and took another
pipe through wall to an adjacent gully. A decent quality (screwdriver
operated) service valve takes care of the draining. So much easier than
having to tit about with bits of hosepipe.

Yeah thats the kind of thing that was on the system in my old house in
Dennmark, two ballofix valves undeneath the boiler marked "dump" and
"fill", the fill one had a an extra ballofix sticking out on a tee to
squeeze in chemicals like inhibitors and such, the rads had auto vents.
when I swap my boiler that is what I want to have made.

//J