Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default gate latch

"Malcolm Race" wrote in message
bof wrote:

Can anyone recommend a gate latch for a 6' high gate that will self latch
reliably and is operable from both sides?

I have installed ring handle latches and the key seems to be in the
relative height of the piece on the frame. It has to be lower than you
think, relative to the bar on the gate. By the bye, my preference is
always for galvnised, as the black japanned finish rusts in a very short
time

Malcolm

Try:

http://www.hardwaresource.com/Store_...l3.asp?Cat=616

As a paper lad I used to like those "C" shaped spring loaded things that
pushed to one side as the gate was opened and snapped back when closed.

Rusting - a wipe with an oily cloth a couple of times a year works
wonders.

John