Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default GFI question

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 20:52:59 -0400, wrote:

I have a GFI that won't re-set. It's in the garage, but also is linked
to the outlets in one of the bathrooms.

Only one? I have one gfi brewker that is connected to outlets in all
3 bathrooms, plus the kitchen sink area, plus the outlet on the
outside wall. Since all these places are supposed to have GFI
protection, it's likely that all such places in your house are
connected to this gfi outlet, unless you have other gfi devices
somewhere else.

Nothing unusual has happened.

Nothing you know about.

I was working in the bathroom last night, but nothing today, and it
only tripped within the past couple of hours. I press the re-set, and
it pushes back against me. Any thoughts, or how I would troubleshoot
it? Thanks!