Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default American toilets

The message
from "Brian Reay" contains these words:

Actually, Weinstock was pretty good at recognising "core business" and
turning a profit.
It all fell apart when someone decided to split up the empire, flog off the
profit making defence business, and invest in and focus on telecoms. The
results of that are a matter of history.

Weinstock was a short termist of the worst hue. By the time he died this
had been recognised and his obituary in one of the broadshirts was as
spiteful a denounciation as I as I have ever seen in an obituary.

Weinstock was shrewd, successful, and turned a profit. Dirty words to some
people but he presided over an empire that kept many people in gainful
employ for many year

The coming of Weinstock (or Swinestock as we called him) led to a high
turnover of staff at Stafford as the able (and some of the less able,
myself among them) jumped ship. Being required to wait until the cheaper
afternoon rates to make trunk calls would have saved a bit on the phone
bill but it wasted far more on the wages bill as continuity of thought
was replaced by shuffling less important work to pad out the time until
the phone could be used.

--
Roger Chapman