Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Fortune Mark Fortune is offline

Default Probelm with new assembled PC

Claude wrote:
game wrote:

I assembled a Pc with Pentium D 2.66, asrocks motherboard. Every thing
is connected in right way. Front pannel LEDs are working but when i
turn on system nothing display nor even POST screen. there is no
current in keyboard. Pls help me. I am thinking might be Processor not
fitted properly. Also tell me If processor is not fitted properly than
POST screen should display or not. I am going to change the RAM.
Suggestions welcome. Thanx in advance

Make sure head sink with compound is squarely on processor. If you have
an air pocket between processor and sink, processor will stop and/or
burn up.

Start with the basics only in the system - Graphics, CPU, memory. dont
connect anything else (such as hard disks, cd roms, extra cards etc.)
Check there are no additional connectors on the motherboard for power -
a lot of them nowdays have extra 4 pin connector on the board for cpu
power and will not boot without this. If you get nothing at this stage,
remove all the RAM, it should start beeping (assuming you have a speaker
connected). if it doesnt then the motherboard may be faulty. If you do
get something appear on screen, switch off, add one more piece of
equipment (such as hard disk) and repeat.