Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default Klipsch KSW10 update

After unwrapping a few layers of paper,plastic & wax/lacquer, I found a
little square black device about .200 x .250 x .050 thick. I don't have
a strong enough magnifying glass to read it, but in is in series with
one of the input lines, and it is open. I'm guessing some type of
thermal limiting fuse. Bypassin it shows the primary winding to be good.
As a matter of fact, a few days ago I took apart a cheap 3 speed fan,
which had a similar device stuck to the windings, and it was also open.
Anyhow, until I get a stronger magnifying glass, what is it?

--
Steve Walker
(remove wallet to reply)