Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Not Quite O/T - Building An Ark

Mon, Sep 4, 2006, 6:40am (EDT+4) (Tom*G)
doth sayeth:
Seems to work that way in my town. snip

Yep, long ago my dad wanted to build a barn for my sister's horse.
The politicians wouldn't issue a permit for a barn. Don't really know
why, we had five acres, and were in the country, with farm land on both
sides, and across the road.

But they were very happy to issue a permit for a garage. Which
wound up looking exactly like a bann, and housed a horse. The only
vehicle that ever entered it was his old Ford tractor. That was the one
he had totally rebuild. Almost that is, he neglected to get any work
done on the brakes. He told me it didn't have brakes just after I
almost destroyed the picnic table. I couldn't turn because I was
standing up with my foot on the brakes, trying to get the damn thing at
least slowed up enough to risk turning the wheel. Finally got to the
ignition and turned it off. It coasted to a stop just before it hit the
table.

JOAT
My shop, my rules.