Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Paul is offline

Default Deck Stain Experiences, Advice and Questions

hmmm, an interesting thought....crown up.....I guess this means the
side of the board that was nearest to the center of the tree should
face upwards, then, as the board ages it will tend to make a convex (
upside down bowl) shape - have I got that right, backwards or not even
close?

m Ransley wrote:
The guy who put in my deck did not make sure all the deck boards crown
was up, so many cup, hold water and the stain failed. Oil stain on a
deck seems the most logical it should penetrate more.