Posted to alt.home.repair
crt2000 crt2000 is offline

Default Problem with septic system

Hi, I'm new to this group and do not know if this has been posted
before. We've been living in this house now for 5 months. It has a
septic system which I'm not familar with with at all (I've never owned
a house with a septic system). Well now water is starting to come out
of the ground in the back yard. I'm sure this is the field area. Well I
know this is related to the septic system as there is a foul stench
eminating from it. My wife found out that septic system need to be
pumped regularly. The prolem is we don't know how to pump the system. I
mean I think I know where it needs to be pumped at, but I don't know if
I use a plunger or what. Anyway thanks in advance for the advice.

Gratefully, Chris~