Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default wasps nest

wrote in message
ups.com...
Any ideas to keep them from coming back?

I had one over my front door that kept reappearing after spraying. I
finally threw a bucket of soapy water on the nest and they never
returned. Might be just a coincidence, since I only have a sample size
of one. Perhaps the soap left a residue that was unattractive to the
wasps.

Sure as heck worth a try. Was it Dawn? Lemon or Rain scent? ;-)

Some dish soap in combination with mouthwash and tobacco juice is GREAT for
keeping down aphids on tomato plants. Cheap, and no toxins. You can eat
the tomatoes by just cleaning. Lessin', of course, you like chewbaccy
juice.

Mix up a gallon and try it. Boil about a gallon of water and throw in some
Day's Work tobacco. About a cubic inch. Let it steep like ice tea. Strain
through a tea strainer or cloth. A couple tablespoons of mouthwash and a
couple tablespoons of ANY liquid soap. Spray with any spray bottle.

Steve