Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Geez I am going to be 50 soon:( second home in florida rented sometimes?

wrote:
On 3 Sep 2006 06:05:56 -0700, "
wrote:

Guess its better than the alternative

Anyhow have thought off and on over the years about buying a home in
florida around disney and renting it out for summers, to pay its
expenses and ave a future retirement home all paid for. Nice investment
too

Any good web sites that discuss this?

Got the idea after renting condos over the years in kissimee. The
agency who handled the rental said thats what the owners were doing.

Our home is paid for largely out of debt its a interesting idea.

I HATE winter and would love to move to florida someday. DONT want to
sell here till I KNOW I want the new location!!!!!!

I am sentimentally attached to our home having lived here since 1972,
heck I still drive by our old home...........

anyone do something like this?

I would look about 50 miles south of Orlando, down towards Sebring.
The housing is cheaper and trhe traffic a lot easier. I wouldn't go to
Orlando if they were giving away $100 bills at the 7-11

I LOVE DISNEY my dream is to retire around there someday, I was a
landlord before and didnt mind, the long distance from pittsburgh may
have issues

It would be a vacation home and give us a chance to try it out on
someone elses $

I think they housing bubble may go completely BUST given the
governments decision that credit card interest was no longer tax
deductible. that got too many to move all their debt into their home
decreasing their equity. if housing prices drop a little the deliquency
rate will skyrocket people owing more than its worth.

major government screw up if you ask me.

our fairly nice 3 bedroom house in pittsburgh worth about a 100 grand
property and school tax near 3 grand a year tax rate is insane.

ofddly kissimee is a pretty affordable area its cost of living is about
the same as pittsburgh according to on line info. perhaps people dont
want to live in a tourist area?

appears a 3 bedroom house can rent for about 800 to a grand a week less
all expenses.

i would be thrilled if the rent just covered the operating expense
house would be kinda free.

need lots more info on this from people who have done it.

nice thinbg about 2 homes if hurricane flattens florida one i still
have a place to live

just this month a customer of mine retired and moved to florida for
winters, he is keeping pittsburgh home. I will try and get his phone
number perhaps see him hope to go to florida in january.

why work all year to vacation at a place you could live year round?

florida is hot in the summer