Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

Default Klipsch KSW10 transformer

In article xZLKg.1446$xh4.679@trnddc04,
Steve Walker wrote:

I need a replacement power transformer for this unit. The numbers on the
transformer are 042-010078-000. Underneath this is ELY 0241. It also has
a sticker marked H.P. Two blue input wires, center tapped outputs, outer
two yellow, inner one white. Outputs measure 1.5 ohms to center, both
sides, and 3.0 ohms outer. Input side is open. Can anyone recommend a
source? Klipsch will not talk to me, as I'm not an authorized repair
center, just a home guy fixing his own stuff.

Man, that's a change from when Paul was running things. I once blew out
the 15" woofer in a K-horn -- my fault (a transistor shorted in the
amplifier, which was my own design). I wrote Klipsch, asking about the
cost of a replacement. Paul sent me a new one along with a note saying
"The woofers in Klipschorns should not fail".

The most likely place for a transformer winding to fail is where the
winding wire connects to the external leads. You might try *gently*
removing layers of paper from the thing to expose the joints. you may be
able to find the break.

Isaac