Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max George Max is offline

Default tried to fix armoire uh oh

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 15:34:00 -0400, "G. Doughty"
wrote:

Hello,

My wife and I just bought a brand new, beautiful, expensive armoire. It was
delivered, but it was so deep that I had to take the molding off the door to
get it into the bedroom. Anyways, when the guys brought it in, they still
managed to have paint from the jamb rub onto the piece. The guys told me,
"No big deal, just softly rub the paint with nail polish remover." OK,
well, being the dummy I am, I tried it. The paint is gone, but so is the
stain. I know have faded splotches where the paint used to be, and a rag
with a bunch of stain on it. I did not even rub hard. Anyways, any ideas
about how to fix this? The armoire is made of mahogoney

Thanks
greg

First, delivery to the place you wanted it put is their reponsibility.
They got the paint onto it. A big disappointment to say the least,
but that's also their responsibility. You say you bought a warranty
with the armoire, that should have been what took care of the paint.

If this were mine, I'd be calling them to come fix it at this point.
They might take pity on you and fix it without charge, especially
since it was their guys that told you to do that. But they might not.

I had leather furniture delivered last January. A little early since
we were promised February. Well, I had not yet painted were the
furniture was placed. And in moving it around, I scuffed one corner
pretty bad. Took the finish clean off the leather. They came by, saw
what had happened, knew I did it, and fixed it anyway free of charge.

The bottom line: Even if you made the problem, they might take care
of it anyway free of charge.