Posted to alt.home.repair
grant6607 grant6607 is offline

Default Pigtailing Aluminum wiring with copper....

My house was built in the 70's and as a result was fitted with aluminum
wiring. I want to pigtail all the outlets, switches and lighting with
a small copper piece. As I understand it, this will help with problems
of oxidization and over heating.

I am finding mixed information on the best way to do this. I know there
is an anti-oxidization paste i should be using but can't find if there
is a special type of connector needed?

Is there a special connector required for aluminum to copper
connections?
Is there a preffered brand of anti-oxidizing paste?

Thanks so much for any advice!!!!!

-- Grant