Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Geez I am going to be 50 soon:( second home in florida rented sometimes?

wrote in message
orlandos BUSY time is june july august thanksgiving christmas thru new
years easter break. prime $$$ times none of which interest me.

I am a off peak person, january is ideal.

Will you stay there year round at some point? I've heard complaints about
traffic at many places in Florida, especailly when the old fold inch their
way tot he doffee shop in the AM. Of course, once you are one of the old
folks, you may not car to go above 15 mph anyway.

sold everything and bought a big motor home, winters in florida summers
at yosemite. said it paid OK had little stress.

If you are going to have weekly rentals for tourists, you need an agent that
is there all the time and they handle the stressful stuff for you. Will it
work for you? It can, depending on what your wants and needs are. If you
build your "dream home", it may not be such a dream home to retire to after
it has been used by renters for 15 years. If it is an interim vacation in
winter home, it can work very well.

BTW, if you think 50 is bad, what will you do at 60? I figure those decade
does give me some "rights" and "seniority" to be a PITA to anyone younger.
Age has some advantages.