Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Geez I am going to be 50 soon:( second home in florida rented sometimes?

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Goedjn wrote:

On 3 Sep 2006 06:05:56 -0700, "
wrote:

Guess its better than the alternative

Anyhow have thought off and on over the years about buying a home in
florida around disney and renting it out for summers, to pay its
expenses and ave a future retirement home all paid for. Nice investment
too

You'd pay the thing off about 4 times as fast if you
rented it out in the winter, instead....

Would that also hold true in the Orlando area? I would think that
other than maybe Christmas-New Years and Spring Break, it would be less
seasonal than the rest of FL.
One of the major concerns with FL is being able to get insurance.
Allstate, for instance, isn't writing hurricane insurance any more and
they are getting REAL picky even on plain vanilla homeowners. Plus the
price increases when available. Plus, at least when I looked into it a
couple of years ago, something like 20% deductibles. Even Condos are
seeing the pinch of the increasing costs.

orlandos BUSY time is june july august thanksgiving christmas thru new
years easter break. prime $$$ times none of which interest me.

I am a off peak person, january is ideal.

peak times are no fun for me.

so having a house rented when you DONT want to be there is ideal.

Talked to a park employee once he retired as a CFO chief fiancial
officer of a company.

sold everything and bought a big motor home, winters in florida summers
at yosemite. said it paid OK had little stress.

dsont know I would want to do THAT but he was interesting guy to talk
too.